Thursday 20 May 2010

Thursday 20th May 2010

I'm gonna break out the dremel - my little power tool with the big attitude. I'm in a very creative mood and I have Sunday off and I have, in my busy schedule, work, mum, wife....., allotted some time for me to let the creative juices flow, usually involves cutting up random bits of metal, cutlery and broken jewellery and turning them into something new. So watch this space - it will either be some photos of designs or a post about another trip to A&E.

In the short time that I have been dabbling in jewellery making I have had only two "episodes" the first was burning my wrist on a fork - note to self "fork will be hot after using the blow torch on it" and the second incident was when a metal-cutting piece snapped and came flying off the dremel at high-speed missing my face by millimetres. I actually felt it skim through my hair - I was a bit shaky after that one. But otherwise apart from some questionable designs my jewellery making had been relatively straightforward if you excuse my accidentally cutting a very valuable piece because I misread the hallmark.

Anyway for now I have to have a shower, go play football with the kids and then head ff to work!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment